Thursday, September 10, 2009

goGIRL of the Week- Nikki Osei


This week's goGIRL is the beautiful Nikki Osei! Nikki is the true definition of a woman on the go! She's full time student, mother, writer, and fashionista!

Nikki is a graduating senior attending Bowie State University majoring in Public Relations. She hopes to pursue a career in fashion pr. In addition to attending college, she is also a full time mother and writes,“The BSU Fashionista Diaries” for her school publication, “The Spectrum”, is resident fashion writer/correspondent for Africa In Demand, in addition to various other freelancing. Her hobbies include family time, fashion, shopping, writing, and listening to music particularly neosoul artists Musiq Soulchild and Raheem DeVaughn.

Nikki will be relocating to New York in spring 2009, to begin her quest for fashion pr greatness. In the future, Nikki sees herself dominating the fashion pr scene. She aspires to open a DC based fashion pr firm, as they are nonexistent in the DC Metropolitan area. “I don’t want other women with aspirations similar to mine, to miss out on growth opportunities in this fashion industry due to location.” Nikki would also like to write for a major fashion publication like Elle or Vogue.

Being a goGIRL to Nikki means beating the odds by any means necessary. Having a son at the tender age of 16 and receiving little to no support from her immediate family never swayed this goGIRL from her dreams. Nikki says "I always knew that I would be able to accomplish whatever I sent my mind to. I never allowed the pessimism from family to detract me from my goals. I have always strived to break stereotypes, specifically the teenage mothers usually amount to nothing typecast. I work hard, play harder, maintain over a 3.0 GPA, and take care of my son and household, all while maintaining my flawlessly fabulous fashionista status. Who better to set a positive example for my son, than me? I am showing him that despite any adversities you may face, if you have a strong faith and unprecedented motivation, you will be unstoppable.”

Nikki believes in Raheem DeVaughns’ words, “The Dream is Real” and that there are no boundaries to what one can accomplish. Dream big or not at all! goGIRL's not only dream but they live them as well! Nikki is living her dreams and not letting anything stop her! She is unstoppable! goGIRL!


Nikki and her goGIRL's on the go!

For more information on Nikki Osei you can contact her at nikkiosei@yahoo.com


Are you a girl on the go?
Do you know a good girl, going places?
Nominate yourself or someone else at gogirlent2009@gmail.com

No comments: