Monday, October 5, 2009

Girl Talk- "Your First and Last Love, Self-Love"


How much do you love yourself? Better yet…do you love yourself? Take a minute and think about it. Do you truly value yourself as a person? Truth is, as women we get caught up in loving our companion or wanting someone to love to the point that we forget about the person who matters the most, YOU! We all know the saying “how can you love someone else if you don’t love yourself?” .Yes, we’ve heard it but do we really understand what it means? In order to possess that unconditional love for oneself, I’ve put together some things you should do to ensure that you don’t miss out on the greatest love of all, self-love!

First step is to fall in love! We are all good at that, right ladies? Just like you get to know that guy you are attracted to, get to know yourself! What makes you, You? Think about all great attributes and what makes you an individual. Most of all ladies, we have to accept our flaws. Sometimes our flaws are what makes us so unique, we have enough critics outside of ourselves so do your best to avoid self criticism. Think positive and learn to praise yourself, EVERYDAY! Look in your mirror and fall in love with not only you but your reflection.

Secondly, don’t be a worry-wart! Try not worry all time instead find solutions to the problems, if the problem is something that you cannot control then just remember what is meant to be will be. Trust in yourself and the choices that you make, avoid doubting everything that you do and say. Yes! We all make mistakes but you also have to learn how to forgive yourself, learn from your mistakes and move on. To dwell on past is a BIG waste of time, RELAX! Also ladies, be honest with you! Stop pretending and living in denial about how you really feel and think. Don’t try fit into anyone’s mold of what they think or believe you should be, you decide! It is your life, right? Live it the way you want and learn how to express how you feel. If you are happy, shout it out! If you are sad, cry! By acknowledging your emotions and thoughts, you allow room to heal and by healing you are promoting self-growth.

Live your dreams! Don’t be left with the what-if’s later in life or “I used to be” statements. “ I used to be a dancer”, “ I used to write music” or “I used to make jewelry”. Love the life you lead and spend every moment enjoying and expressing yourself entirely. Be confident! Find ways to boost your self-confidence, learn what it is that you do well and perfect it. Make time for your skills and talents. Trust me if you don’t now then you will regret it later. Love yourself inside and out. Take care of your body, ladies! Eat healthy, exercise, and get plenty of sleep. The body as we know it is a temple, so RESPECT it! Lastly, HAVE FUN! Enjoy life and make the most of it. Smile, laugh, and let go!

So ladies there you have it, some of the easiest ways to begin a life-long romance! By loving you and I mean truly loving you not only are you able to love others but you allow others to love you. Remember, “The way you treat yourself sets the standards for others” – Sonya Friedman

Repeat this whenever you feel the need to:

I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it — I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes. I own me, and therefore, I can engineer me. I am me, and I am Okay.”
Denis2005 Virginia Satir quotes (American Phychologist and Educator, 1916-1988)

6 comments:

chocl8fashnista said...

So true! If you don't love yourself, then how can you possibly expect someone else to? By taking care of ourselves physically and mentally, we will be strong enough to feel good about all aspects of our being, which in turn can prevent us from making choices that we will regret later. Heart you ladies! xoxo

Forevasexy said...

I love love love the blog...especially the quote at the end...everything in it was true, Women need to start putting themselves and thier work #1 priority, I agree 100%, good job ladies!

cindy said...

this blog is so on point. you gotta be happy and whole all on your own. any insecurities you have you need to resolve by yourself, expecting a man to fill that void will always leave you disappointed.go girls. real women please stand up!!!!

Deens said...

I definitely learned that lesson the hard way, but once you learn it... you never lose sight of yourself again!

ROBIN said...

Londyn,

you and your company are getting it! This post was amazing and I truly agree with all you've said. go girl! keep doing your thing!

L-Y-F said...

AMEN!!