Tuesday, November 10, 2009

goGIRL Gives Back!!



Being a goGIRL is not only about bettering oneself but also contributing to the betterment of your community. One of the 10 Commandments of a goGIRL is “Thy shall better me and my community” and we intend on practicing just that!! This is the season for giving back and being thankful for what and who you have in your life. This is also the time to do something selfless that will benefit someone other than yourself. Here are some ways that YOU can give back…


• Donate to a nonprofit that helps the hungry
• Donate a Thanksgiving basket
• Hold a food drive
• Volunteer at a soup kitchen
• Hold a Thanksgiving charity bake sale
• Send a phone card or care package to a soldier
• Donate to a charity that helps the homeless
• Deliver Thanksgiving dinners to housebound people
• Visit hospital patients
• Invite a friend over to dinner who doesn’t have a place to spend the holiday
• Clean out your closet and give away clothes to the Salvation Army or Goodwill
• Donate books
• Visit retirement homes
• Do something nice for someone anonymously
• Volunteer at your church
• Adopt a Road
• Sponsor a child


These are just our ideas but feel free to get creative when giving back. You do not have to necessarily donate money but instead donate your time.


Tell us about how you gave back to your community by submitting your story, photo and contact info to gogirlent2009@gmail.com by November 28th. The goGIRL with the best story will win a PRIZE from us and have your story posted on our blog. So go out and make a difference in someone's elses life...GIVE BACK! We look forward to hearing your story!

“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give” –Winston Churchill

1 comment:

Miss Daja said...

I'm going to make sure I tune into your blog every chance I get. It inspires me to be great(er). I always give back when I can but I usually do it without any intentions except for that person to smile. Therefore I never tell anyone. I love this that you guys are doing.